mardi 24 novembre 2015

I'll catch a grenade for ya.


Hey guys !!

Let me tell you the first time I fell in love with this god damn fruit ! When I was a little girl, like 8-10 years old, we spent a lot of time in Marocco, discovering people and landscape. I asked my mother, at a souk, to buy me a special fruit. It was a grenade. I immediately loved this special thing but unfortunately, didn't find it in Switzerland back then.

I used to buy grenade already ready to be eaten, in little boxes and - of course - it cost like a million bucks LOL ! So, I encourage you to buy the entire fruit and will give you a few advices how to eat it.

First, cut it in the middle, push on the skin to pop off the seeds. If it's too difficult, cut it in quarter and repeat.

Of course, grenade is extremely good by itself or in yogurt. But I like to take it to the next level. You can eat it in a salty dish or with something sweet. Here are the recipes.

Grenad salad
- Romanian salad
- Mozzarella
- Red oignons
- Tajin spice (or something spicy)
- Olive oil
- Lemon
- Salt

Cut the salad, mozzarella, oignons and put it in a plate (or bowl) and top it with the grenade. Add the sauce made with olive oil/lemon and the Tajin spice. Salt as you like :) Buen provecho !

Pecan cupcake
- 100 g flour
- 60 g sugar
- 30 g butter
- 1 egg
- Bakery powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pecan nuts
- Maple syrup

Pre heat your oven on 200 degrees (celcius).

First, mix your egg and sugar. Add flour, melted butter, bakery powder, salt. Mingle until it's soft. Then, add pecan nuts and maple syrup. Put the mix in your cake mold and sprinkle with a little bit of brown sugar (if you want to make it crunchy). Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.

When it's cold, you can eat them like this or add icing sugar on it and sprinkle with grenade to give it some fresh taste and some crunchiness. 

Perfect with a tea at 4 o'clock right ?! :)





Aucun commentaire: