vendredi 9 mai 2014

Books


"Reading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarly, often helplessly into
another's skin, another's voice, another's soul." - Joyce Carol Oates

I've been reading a lot lately, eating up pages and pages of stories and words. It makes me happy to enter the world of the imagination ; or the world of people who lived on this planet, letting me access decades I can only dream about... That's the power of literature, when the words touch you, one good book leading to another, you feel your whole world and thoughts widen. Sometimes there are disappointments, but it's okay, choose another one. I have recently began to buy stuff on iBooks for the only reason that either my iPhone or iPad are lightweight so I don't have this excuse. And when you take public transports daily, it's great to have a few digital books to dream a little... I think it's great, we can even highlight sections or comment them, so it's a real plus but nothing will ever makes me not want to buy books. The object, it's so beautiful... Here are my great reads for these past weeks :

- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is a must-read if you love hostorical novels. It's a cynical story told by Death. It will moves you and gives you chills.
- Bobbi Brown - Leçon de maquillage is the book you need if you're looking for a complete skincare and make up step-by-step guide !
- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green is a New York Times bestseller and there are many reasons why. Not only a young adult book but also written with such a new way of seeing the world... It will make you cry and feel blessed. One of my best reads lately.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer is a really good sci-fi debut novel based on the Cinderella story. I read this on my iPad and loved it !
- Empress Of Fashion is an amazing biography written by Amanda Mackenzie Stuart about the life of Diana Vreeland. You'll go through her years dispatched between Europe and America, her travels around the world to shoot editorials and her cool way of life. As we already said, she was a total genius freak. Enough said ;)
- We don't really speak about poetry here, but we like it as well. Love Poems by Pablo Neruda is one of the best poetry books so if you like poems and don't know the Chilean poet's work, pick this book up :)

Aucun commentaire: