samedi 7 mars 2015

Topics - Baby hair and fugly accessorizes

We're all the same, we're all self-conscious, always complexing about a feature that maybe no one else sees. But we don't care about others, it's still bothering our soul.

I've always complexed about a small lock of hair right on my forehead, that I once cut as I believed it had nothing to do here... and it never really grew back. Autumn always calls it "baby hair" and she says it's normal and that nobody sees it. But I still care. So really, what a shock, when I saw the new DKNY ads in Glamour UK, with Cara Delevigne and her crew having a blast with styled baby hair. Seriously ? Am I supposed to follow the trend (since I already have the baby hair) and style it (with gel and everything ?)... I only need a second to think about it and the answer is definitely No ! I just wouldn't feel great wearing my baby hair like this, I would be EXTRA self-conscious about a freaking lock on my head (yeah, that's pretty much the pressure us girls take on, so that explains Britney's behaviors circa 2007).

On the other hand, I keep looking at the ad, and see that the whole crew is sporting the same kind of Japanese-wedges X urban-style-at-university shoes. This definition is too long, so I just call these kind of shoes the "disabled shoes". I've seen them in many stores and I don't know why but I love their orthopedic feel mixed with an Harajuku girl on crack.
Le freak, c'est chic.

So you see, I don't really know why I don't love styling and celebrating the baby hair, but that I adore the fugly pair of shoes. Sometimes it's fucking cool to be weird.

Tell us everything : your favorite/unfavorite trends ! We want to know !
Clockwise from top left : Jeffrey Campbell, Stella McCartney,
MM6 Maison Martin Margiela, Marni

Aucun commentaire: