dimanche 7 juillet 2013

Books

 

"When writers die they become books, which is, after all, not too bad an incarnation."
Jorge Luis Borges

Today I wanted to share a few books that have a huge importance to me.
Hope this will help you discover more horizons to explore in terms of reading !
Some of the titles are in french, but with a little research at your book shop, I'm sure
it's possible to order them. So worth it !

  • Comment voyager avec un saumon (Il secondo diario minimo) by Umberto Eco is a collection of short novels, often analyzing absurdity with humour. This book is great if you want to learn how to put more fun into your stories. I would highly recommend it to someone interested in writing.
  • Principes et préceptes du retour à l'évidence, or Eloge de la vie simple by Lanza del Vasto is more a philosophical piece but it's really readable, and you will learn many, many great thinkings with this amazing nonviolent activist.
  • Qu'ai-je donc fait ? by Jean d'Ormesson also contains a lot of philosophy stuff but it's so easy to read and so, so loveable. Please, read something by Jean d'Ormesson, anything, everything he writes is good for your soul.
  • Girls to the front by Sara Marcus is one of the most powerful books I've ever read. If you think "Girl Power", this one is for you. Will help you build confidence and strong ideas about how you're supposed to be treated. Female must-read.
  • Poésies, Une saison en enfer, Illuminations by Rimbaud. Okay, this is not fair. I must admit, I fell in love with Rimbaud the second I read his pieces. I'm pretty sure he was just like you and me. Human, true, wild - and free. Great poetry but I tend to prefer his prose. Genius.
  • Matilda by Rohald Dahl, or any other stories he wrote, but let me tell you how much I love this book. When I was a kid, I wanted to be Matilda ( I also dreamt a lot about her, freaky) and it's just amazing how Dahl can transport you into a whole other fantastic and scary world...

Aucun commentaire: